Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Angie at bakerella.com is the rightful owner of this red velvet cake recipe and I am so grateful she posted it on her website to share with us, because this cake is the hot selling cake of all the cake flavors I make. Children and adults like the flavor. The cake is rich and moist and is very easy to make.

I have made this cake flavor for birthdays & wedding anniversaries, and it is a special treat to make it for valentine's day.  The red color of the cake is inviting and one cannot resist eating this delicious cake.

Now you are lucky, my darling husband a professional photographer wanted to experiment food videography.  Lucky him, he turned around to me and said he would like to shoot a video of me baking and decorating cupcakes. I grew conscious of being on camera, and he assured me that I will not be seen in the video. It would be a cupcake tutorial.  So we worked it out, and I must say one must appreciate such videos as a lot of planning and efforts goes into making these.

To view the tutorial on red velvet cupcakes click here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDq-ewozuUo&t=10s

For the red velvet cake recipe click here: https://www.bakerella.com/red-velvet-cake/


For the buttercream recipe:

1.  Beat 250 grams of unsalted butter (at room temperature) with an electric beater till light and fluffy.
2.  Add 1 tsp. vanilla essence / extract and mix well.
3.  Sieve 500 grams of icing sugar and add to the butter, one cup at a time and beat well after each addition.
4.  Then add 2 tbsp. of milk (at room temperature) and beat well till fluffy.
5.  Store in air tight container in the refrigerator.  Thaw at room temperature and mix well before frosting or decorating cakes.

I am sure you are going to bake these beautiful beauties soon.  Enjoy!!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Velvet Cupcakes