Sunday, February 2, 2020

Blogging @ Toastmasters International

Hello,  I am back!!!!

You will want to know where I have been all this while.  Well I joined Toastmasters International 2 years ago. It has been a wonderful experience and thanks to Toastmasters International I am back to blogging. Long story short... One of the projects in Toastmasters is to create a compelling blog.
 
    Returning to blogging, why do I say returning to blogging?
   It is because I have been blogging at
   https://priscillamakes.blogspot.com/ for some time now.
 
   Returning to blogging is to apply it to a project in my education   
   journey in Toastmasters.  I had always wanted to create a blog  
   on baking and cake decorating... I am a cake artist at Cake
  Obsessed https://www.facebook.com/cakeobsessed/ and I make
  custom designed cakes, something close to my heart, something I
  love doing and is what I do for a living.

 
Oh I get it... that frown on your forehead is asking me, "but what is toastmasters??"
 
 
Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., the organization's membership exceeds 358,000 in more than 16,800 clubs in 143 countries. Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people from diverse backgrounds become more confident speakers, communicators, and leaders.
 
I just picked that up from Toastmasters International website www.toastmasters.org. To learn more about Toastmasters International go through the website and you will be amazed at what the organization has to offer. Mark my words you will want to be a Toastmaster.
Well, what did I achieve?  As the organization claims to provide, I have achieved self confidence and personal growth.  I am a better communicator and have acquired leadership skills.  I have learned to be positive and supportive.  I have contested at speech contests. I have inspired others with my speeches. I am a mentor.  I am a triple crown holder. I am the President of Kuwait Challengers Toastmasters Club. All this in only 2 years since joining Toastmasters International.  I see your eyebrows raised.
 
Post here will be dedicated to baking and cake decorating. Friends, family and toastmasters have often asked me to conduct cake decorating classes, and every time I think of doing it, I think of all the organization that goes behind the scene and then I don't want to do it. So, the next best thing is to blog. Here I will share the same essentials, tips and tricks of baking and cake decorating which I would do in a class.
 
So are you ready?? Grab on your apron....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Velvet Cupcakes